1. I need to start creating some fermented foods for the kids. Not cabbage because C is reactive to that. But maybe carrots and sea weed and something else. I will need to check my notes.
2. i need to increase their protein and fats. So they need to have a protein and fat at every meal. She felt their diet was very good and very clean. however, she said i need to add coconut butter or coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil or olives something to give them more fats. and protein just need to make sure there is something even if it is mushrooms or seaweed or green beans or beans or protein powders or seeds. Has to be something though.
3. no sugars for C unless they are raw honey or the raw maple syrup or unsulphured molasses. She has some yeast problems that we became aware of 4 months ago. She can't have yeast either. But she said i need to get them under control now or when she is older she will be prone to a lot of yeast infections. HOWEVER i mostly do this anyway, her dad however does not cooperate at ALL on this and feeds her lots of stuff taht he should not.
4. put coconut oil on both childrens skin for their eczema and get some acidic water and rub that on it as well.
5. change around the probiotics a little bit. She recommended a company, i have not checked it out. it is on gapsdiet.com though. If anyone wants to look at it. Apparently this is a 14 strain probiotic and that is the best you can get. They have had a lot of success in helping kids with health issues with this particular probiotic.
6. Give C vegetable broth.
So all good suggestions. Basically she felt their diet was really good. It just needed a few slight tweaks. And that i am doing good given the guidelines that i have for the kids. I am excited to try out these suggestions and see how it goes.
If anyone has a good fermented food recipe?? please share! i would love to have one that has been tested and known to be good.
As far as green smoothies go, we are on day 4 i think? Chanah is becoming more regular in her going to the bathroom. I am hopeful that this will really help her. It seems to be doing some good things so far. As for myself, it is also helping me in that arena as well but i am also breaking out. I am sure i am detoxing all the stuff i ahve been eating - namely chocolate almond mylk for the last year that i am not supposed to have. I do feel more energetic though and a little more balanced. So will see what else happens as time goes on